Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The recipe of success

Prepare youself for the true secret of greatness...how I survived exam hell!

Ok in the year leading upto the final exams I had absorbed as much information as possible by among other things; reading the entire works of Tess Geritsen in lectures, completing 3out of 5 games on my mobile phone (both of the bunny rabbit ones) and learning about London's current affairs through the Metro and Evening Standard (lite). So come revision time some serious work was due. This caused the implimentation of project sponge.

Morning-get up at 6 or what ever time you body decides it wants to (usually 5:30 ish), have shower and check emails even though no one ever seems to email during the night. Take thought drugs: 1xcod liver oil tablet, 1xmultivitamin, 1x loratadine, stick some sodium cromoglycate in just for good measure! Leave the house at 8:11 and power walk to Bloomsbury just in time for the library opening at 8:30.

Incidentally the Science library is the one which opens earliest but can be hard to find a seat. I recoment the Anthropology section as it is small and hidden, near the loo's.

Now we stay in the library untill you get thrown out or you go blind with reading (which ever comes first) so leaving around 10pm. If you keep at it you can read a leaver arch folder in a day. I only went blind on 2 days after that my eyes seemed to be getting better....I think they were reluctant to work!

A bit hungry after all the reading the tea is either noodles, an orange and a rivita or tuna steak and ketchup. (altenate between them-i bought 8 tuna steaks: they do freeze quite well).

Go to bed after the meal at ~11:30-12 this allows a minimum of 6 hours sleep so functioning brain will be ready ish for the next day.

That my friends is how to pass medicine: I read 7 lever arch folders and did all the past papers (about 30 I think?) in 3 weeks! not bad eh.