Sunday, August 13, 2006

I know no-one cares, but what the heck!

Well im doing a spot of the old Black n White devloping, and I have forgotten how much fun it is. I put a bit of music on and happily splash around. I will now go on and explain (in detail) what I do, so if I were you i'd stop reading about now!

OOOO Harry might be going to America!!! but Nikki loves him, and there have been 2 bodies already and the police officer is soooo gonna try and do summat dodgy its very exciting. But seriously Harry can't leave he IS Silent Witness.

Right, First I mix the 3 chemicals : Developer 1+9, Stop 1+14 (but reusable) and Fix 1+3 (also reusable).
The Developer goes in the white tray so I can see the picture easiest, the stop is in the mucky brown one cos it looks like a place for stop! and Fix is in the red bath cos red should be at the end.

Then the lights go out, I put on the red light (roaaaxanne hehe). The negative is put in the enlarger and I usually use a 4 or 5 filter cos I like a contrasty print and I use variable contrast paper.

Then I use f2.5 (i think) to focus the image. Then 3 clicks dimmer (the f numbers have worn off but i think its f8) .

Then I do a test strip in 1 second steps for ~15 secs and find my exposure time.

Voila!! I then print ant print untill the job is done, for each neg I have to re focus and position it right but its brill. I think everyone should try it.

Oh I forgot the washing is hard work. Thats why pete does it for me...he likes using the squeegee, it'd be cruel to stop him hehe!

Hmm don't know if anyone is still reading this so .......bum and boobies hehehe!

Byee