Thursday, June 15, 2006

It just gets better

Wow! I just had the bestest most exhausting day EVER! Here is the synopsis:

I arrived at St Pauls Cathedral for the Queen's 80th Bday service at 10:00 giving me half an hour to get through security, get lost and generally find St John peeps. All of that done I get assigned to the AED team, meaning when someone colapses we leg it to them with the defib (charging at 360 CLEAR!!) So we wait and guess who comes over for a chat? Sir Cliff Richards!!!! He chats to us for a few mins then wanders off in his purple suit. Then the big procession happens right next to us! I saw the queen, philip, harry, william, charles, anne, the other random ones and daughter of fergie, the archbishop of canterbury (I wanted his big shiny gold hat). We settle down for the ceremony and it was lovely, not an ill person in sight. Oh appart from a rich snobby woman who decided to feel faint.

Then we popped outside and hopped into the Crusader (Ambulance) and wizzed to Mansion House. You know the tv chef prog : Great British Menu well that was what was being held at mansion house! There were just 2 of us and it was fab! Ok I spoke to Dame Vera Lyn, I met Shirley Bassey, Tony Blair, Cherie Blair, The queen an hubby (again), Sir Ian Blair, Jenny Bond, Meneze Campbel. OO and want to know who's completely lovely? George Alagiah. We were also looked after by the chief soldier and although it was naughty he gave us a glass of the same wine that the Queen was drinking (I think it cost a lot-it was lovely). We also chatted to the soldiers in charge of Ken livingston..... OOO THATS THE OTHER EXCITING THING....I peed in the loo just after Ken Linvingston. Now thats a good claim to fame!

I pinched the Menu it is soooo posh and has tassels and everything. I also got 2 different programs from St Pauls. All in all a fab day.