Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Things

Things I like about Barts and the London:

The Halls:

  • Soo big and almost hotel-like
  • Deadly quiet so I basically get a kitchen and bog to myself
  • Lift talk-everyone chats in them, even if you have never met the bloke before they seem to wanna know what course your on and where your from.
  • Post actually reaches me
  • The beepy cards (more later)
  • The fact it looks slightly like a castle
  • Poirot lived here-so it must be good and there are 3 rolls royces outside the gates (all belong to me of course)

The Uni:

  • OOOO big helicopter lands on the roof and say morning to them off "Trauma" v exciting
  • Pathology place has swoooosh barriers but hard to explain-come visit
  • We have labs with floating rooms called "cell" "cloud" and "spikey"
  • The union is lovely
  • The people are even more lovely
  • There are only 19 people on our course and all seem friendly, higher boy:girl ratio than ucl
  • I found the doctors pub-where they all go to get drunk.
  • My ID card is fab (although picture is bad) it opens doors to everywhere and has chips and barcodes and swipe-ness and I have 4 different ID numbers

Comparing the ID card with the UCL paper one makes UCL seem a bit of a joke really, but never mind, I think UCL is inproving them

OK things I hate about Barts and the London:

The Halls

  • I couldnt get into the TV room and signal of TV here is a bit (well very) rubbish
  • The internet is kinda jerky
  • It freaks me out that I have a cleaner clean my room every few weeks
  • I get scared doing the laundry
  • One of the guys on our floor looks like a pervert, another one looks like a monkey
  • The security guards are the most unenthusiastic people I have ever met
  • Everyone is a bit posh (I know its not their fault-its London generally)

The Uni

  • On 2 campuses, Mile end campus IS NOT near Mile end tube....I found that out today
  • They don't give you maps-apparently you must instinctively know where your heading
  • Whitechapel is vvvvv rough, pissed people will come upto you and as the sign says : Muggings happen here! Beware of suspicious behaviour
  • There arnt nice food places-Nandos, Pizza Hut, Mc D etc..so stuff you wouldnt eat on a daily basis. No M+S no Tesco, Sainsburys. I'm gonna have to make packed lunch
  • We arnt allowed in to the Pathology builiding
  • But we can go into a Lab which we don't really need
  • People in my course are 5th years and already set on qualifying whereas it hasnt entered my mind yet-can be tricky to understand where they are coming from
  • Its not UCL (sob) I miss everyone! But im doing the ole meditation again so I will see some of the people on Thur and LINKS is Wed so it will be ok