Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The blood has gone!

Well I did it! I have never been more scaredy-cat-like in my entire life! We sat down and filed in forms, then I had a blood test...this was where they spike ur middle finger and put a drop into a pot of copper suplhate! Its supposed to sink down (me and mother worked out that iron sulphate should be formed which is an insoluable preciptate)! Mine sank.......then rose back up again! But then it sank so all was ok.

I got called over to the bed, then my worst fears were confirmed when I heard these words uttered "I'm a trainee can I put your needle in?" AAAARGHHH I was so tempted to run for the hills.....but instead I said "sure everyone needs to learn" (why oh why did she have to learn on me?) To give her credit she did a pretty good job, and the blood was sucked out. They completely take more that 1 pint tho, they fill up lots of little blottles too so they can test it!

The sucking out was supprisingly fine, chatted to the delivery guy who was v friendly and also found out I was lying next to a Johnny....she was a Buxton one and is FAW (mwahahaha I out rank). Then after the blood sucking the wierd lightheaded ness begins....maybe its just cos they plonked my big bag of blood right next to me *shudder* but after a couple of mins the feeling goes away.......I can only liken it to the standing up at a choir concert where the venous pump stops and your at the point of knowing blood aint getting up there. Philippa, obviously wont know what i'm on about here as she "apparently" never felt faint (yer right).

But after the drink and biccys we went to TSB (who are arses) then to Partners (wooo student discout) then home.

I actually feel terrible now! but I think I was getting a cold anyways and even if it is from the blood donating, I am gonna be doing it again, cos whats a little discomfort when you're saving peoples lives. Plus next time I get a key ring and if I do it 10 times I get a badge!!!